Toyo Observe GSi-5 Winter Tire
Released July, 2011
The Pros:Very good traction in winter. Aggressive tread pattern with soft rubber. Long lasting tread.
The Cons:Only available in Canada.
The Toyo Observe GSi5 winter tire handles snow, slush, ice, or just slippery roads. A variety of sizes are available to fit passenger, light truck, van, or SUV vehicles. Features include:
- Unidirectional Tread Pattern to optimize traction for both braking and acceleration
- "Microbit Technology" consisting of crushed walnut shells embedded in the tire tread compound that dig and bite into the ice surface for improved ice traction.
- Absorbant carbonic power to absorb moisture on the road allowing the tire to better contact the road surface for increased performance.
- "Spider Sipe Technology", which is an advanced multi-directional sipe to ensure maximum grip when you are cornering, accelerating or braking.
- Increased levels of silica and dispersion improvement allows better block flexibility at lower temperatures enhancing wet grip and braking, while maintaining traction in low temperatures.
- Large tread blocks with saw-toothed edges for improved traction in snow and slush when braking or accelerating.
- Wide lateral groves help evacuate slush for better road grip
- Continuous centre rib with swing sipe ensures improved straight line stability while a "wave sipe technology" increases ice traction in all directions.
- "First Edge sipe technology" helps enhance initial traction when tire is new.
- "Arrow Lift technology" helps propel the vehicle through slushy or snowy rutted roads.
User Reviews (5)
Very good traction in winter
Aggressive tread pattern with soft rubber
You may also like...